Study at Your Own Pace
Designed for maximum flexibility, this accounting course allows you to study anytime, anywhere.
There are 3 teaching periods a year, and you can enrol in 1 to 4 units every period.
On average, for a single unit, you should allow for approximately 8 hours of active learning each week. Active learning includes engaging with learning materials and activities, interaction with other students, readings and assessment tasks.
Depending on your study load, you can finish your Bachelor of Business (Accounting) in as little as 2 years.
Possible study loads
- Accelerated: 12 units per year over 2 years
- Full-time: 8 units per year over 3 years
- Suggested: 6 units per year over 4 years
- Part-time: 4 units per year over 6 years
There are study breaks between teaching periods and over Christmas / New Year so you can take time out during your course.
Study Now, Pay as You Earn
Commonwealth supported places are available for the Bachelor of Business (Accounting). If you're eligible:
- the Australian government contributes to the cost of your course
- you pay the remainder of your fees (known as a student contribution), and
- you may be eligible for HECS-HELP assistance to pay your student contribution
HECS-HELP is a government loan available to eligible students enrolled in Commonwealth supported places, and covers all or part of your student contribution.
If you're eligible for a HECS-HELP loan, you don't need to pay for your course upfront. Instead, the Australian government will pay the loan amount to Swinburne Online on your behalf.
You may also be eligible for Youth Allowance, Austudy or Abstudy.
Supportive, Interactive Learning
With many distance education courses, content originally designed for traditional face-to-face learning is adapted for online use, which may not always be practical.
With Swinburne Online, your course has been developed specifically for online delivery, so you get the most out of your online studies. The entire learning experience is designed to be supportive, engaging and collaborative. Your course content is supplemented by online communication technologies such as discussion boards, chat sessions, email and blogs.
- All learning materials included
- No need to purchase additional textbooks
- Access your course through Blackboard and Blackboard Mobile Learn, a free app
- Excellent tutor-student ratio
- Regular feedback and guidance from eLearning Advisors
In addition, student liaison officers are available by email and phone 7 days a week to respond to any queries you may have around your study.
These liaison officers will provide information on admissions, enrolment and re-enrolment, course advice, policies and regulations and academic assessments, and assist you with any technical issues you may experience.
Familiarise Yourself with Online Study
The Bachelor of Business (Accounting) includes a foundation unit called "Learning and Communicating Online". This unit is especially useful if you're returning to study after a long time, or are unfamiliar with online learning.
It will help you gain skills in:
- written and online communication
- collaborating in individual and group work
- critiquing and analysing information sources
Upon completion of this unit, you'll be more confident about online study.