Payment options

If you think you can’t afford to study, you may not know there are options available to help you start studying now and pay for your course later.

Take a look at the ways you can pay for different types of courses.

Govt. loan 12-mth interest free ^ Upfront
Certificate II, III or IV Cross Tick Tick
Diploma Tick Tick ** Tick
Bachelor Degree Tick Cross Tick
Postgraduate courses Tick Cross Tick
All Kaplan Financial & Kaplan Real Estate courses  Cross Tick Tick
Short course Cross Tick Tick
Certification *  Cross Tick Tick

^ Terms & conditions apply.

* Certifications include IT certification training and real estate certifications
** Most Diplomas can be paid for via the 12-month interest free payment plan.

Other payment options apply to Australian Institute of Personal Trainers courses and Builders Academy Australia courses.

Government loans – study now pay later

Most Australians can pay for approved Diplomas, Bachelor Degrees and postgraduate courses via a government loan scheme (like VET FEE-HELP, FEE-HELP or HECS-HELP). You won’t need to pay a cent until you earn over $54,869 a year – then you will pay off the cost of your course gradually through the tax system. 

On the 5th October 2016 the Australian Government announced plans to replace the VET FEE-HELP scheme with the VET Student Loans scheme, which are scheduled to apply from the 1st January 2017.

Before choosing to access VET FEE-HELP you should understand the impact of these proposed changes on the VET-FEE HELP scheme, as well as the proposed VET Student Loans program.

The Government has advised that students who access VET-FEE HELP prior to the 31st December 2016 may continue to access the VET FEE-HELP scheme until the 31st December 2017, provided the student notifies the Australian Government Department of Education and Training of this intention by the 31st March 2017. 

To do this, the student needs to complete an online form that will be made available on the Department’s website. If the student does not inform the Department, access to VET-FEE HELP will cease on the 31st March 2017.

If your study continues into 2018, the proposed changes state you may not be able to access VET FEE-HELP after 31st December 2017. However, you may be able to access the new proposed VET Student Loans scheme, depending on the course and provider. For further information and updates, you should regularly check the Australian Government’s proposed changes to student loan schemes.

Find out more about the proposed changes, or other Government loans.

12-month interest free payment plan

A SEEK Learning consultant can help you arrange a payment plan, so you can pay for your course over time. There’s no deposit required, and no interest charged for the first 12 months. (Terms and conditions apply.)

If you’re eligible, you can use the payment plan to pay for most:

Find out more about the 12-month interest free payment plan.

Government-subsidised courses

HECS-HELP courses are also government-subsidised. This means the cost you pay for the course is much cheaper – the Australian Government pays the university part of the course fee.

For courses subsidised by the government (with Commonwealth-supported places), see:

Your studies may be tax-deductible

If you study a course related to your work, you may be able to claim the cost of your course on your tax return.

If you’re eligible, you can also claim the cost of study equipment and student services fees.

See courses in your field of work by selecting your industry.

Speak to a finance professional for advice on tax deductions that may be available to you.

Get advice

For advice on payment options for the course you're interested in, contact a SEEK Learning consultant.

Have a question or ready to enrol?

Our Learning Consultants can:
  • icon enquiry 1Answer any questions about a course
  • icon enquiry 2Give advice on job outcomes
  • icon enquiry 3Explain finance options and help you enrol

Free call 1800 891 011

9am - 5.30pm AEDT Monday - Friday